Engineering Lead- Web Products Team
Monterosa is the leading Real-time Engagement (RTE) platform powering the world’s biggest entertainment and sports properties. We combine live participation such as voting with gamification, interactive video and eCommerce, connecting millions of fans to their favourite brands.
Monterosa / Interaction Cloud is the SaaS platform adopted by ITV, Sky, ViacomCBS, EA Sports, The British Olympic Association, The Jockey Club, and Liverpool FC powering and monetising fan engagement around key properties such as Love Island, The Grand National, The Premier League and Olympics.
Included in the Tech Nation’s prestigious 2020 Future Fifty cohort, Monterosa achieved over 20 #1 apps, has been awarded a BAFTA and is listed at #39 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 2020.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking responsibility for architecture and technical delivery of the web products owned by your team
- Working alongside the Product Manager shaping the products roadmap
- Managing an agile development team based in the UK and around Europe
- Collaborating with backend developers to integrate UI with server-side application logic
- You will be working alongside producers, designers and QA engineers, building products used by the big names in entertainment and sports (ITV, MTV, CBS, Nickelodeon, Three Mobile, BT Sport, Harry Potter Wizarding World, Love Island, EA Sports and many more)
Our technology stack
- Tests and build: Jest/RTL, Webpack
- CI/CD and monitoring: GitLab, Puppet, Docker, Zabbix, ELK
- Deployment: AWS EC2/Lambda/CF/S3
What does it take?
- You’ve worked through the ranks as a developer and have a good technical degree or equivalent, and 3+ years experience likely in either a technical leadership or technical architecture role now
- Multi-year experience with the relevant technology stack (see above)
- Experience of building mobile-first applications and knowledge of modern devices, browsers and UI trends
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using Git Flow and code reviews via GitHub/GitLab
- An appreciation for the value of good processes, good documentation and effective time and resource planning
- An eye for design and the skill to ensure that an app matches its agreed designs exactly
- You are an all-rounder who can both architect and lead a scrum team effectively
- You like the idea of working in TV production, theatre, music or for sports organisations
- An experienced engineer, a strong communicator, an innovative problem solver, a planner and a mentor to your team
- Calm, methodical and resilient, you’ve been in some scrapes, planned your way out and can show others how to do the same
- Experience of line management with passion and drive, particularly ensuring your team are happy and motivated
What’s on offer
- The opportunity to work on exciting products – creating world-class interactive experiences reaching millions of fans of the biggest entertainment and sports events on the planet
- A small, friendly team where you will have an opportunity to stand out
- Hardware and software of your choice – we never judge your OS or IDE choices
- 4.5 days working week culture – we try and finish early on Fridays
- 25 working days of paid holiday + additional company holidays (we call them Monterosa Mondays)
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home or office (London, Liverpool or Krakow)
- Private health insurance, subsidised gym membership and other benefits relevant to your country of residence
- Substantial annual conference and training budget
- Regular social events, hackathons and meetups
Monterosa is one of the most rewarding and challenging places anyone can work in technology and entertainment. The payback beyond money is achievement, satisfaction and professional growth. We create, we deliver, we achieve immense success through a combination of great ideas, great technology, a passion for entertainment and high performance. With sufficient willpower, the vast majority of new team members go through a positive professional transformation!
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us, so we aim to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. If you prefer to work from home part-time or as a job-share, we’ll make this happen whenever we can – whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
We do not accept unsolicited agency CVs.