Already one of the UK’s leading port and logistics companies, we have ambitious plans to grow and transform the supply chain to benefit our customers. With multiple settings across the UK and a huge choice of career paths, our business offers exciting opportunities to expand and develop your career. Much of our success depends on our unrivalled facilities and technology. But in our sector, it comes down to having the right talent to enable our organisation to grow. So, if you want to join a thriving and ambitious place to work, where you will be able to broaden your knowledge and progress in your career, a future with Peel Ports could be for you.
The Engineering Assistant role, within the Engineering Department, will assist in the provision of a comprehensive engineering support service (mechanical, electrical & civil) across all aspects of the business.
Responsibilities will also include:
– Carry out reactive repairs/maintenance within scope as detailed by Facilities & Infrastructure Manager
– Maintain and issue Permits to Work when required
– Supervision of contractors when carrying out infrastructure related works/reparis
– Develop and maintain Risk Assessments and Method Statements for Engineering related tasks
– Timely updating of the company defect reporting system (SAP EAM)
– Promoting, through effective communication, a positive H&S culture that complies with business requirements and expectations
– Working on a flexible pattern when needed, which could include some out of hours attendance
– Assist with planned asset inspections and organise repairs where required
Skills and Experience
– Practical working knowledge of mechanical/civil/electrical engineering
– Previous experience of working within an industrial environment
– Experience of assessing works requirements and specifying suitable repairs
– Good planning skills with an ability to multi-task
– NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Engineering or Trade related discipline
– Full valid driving licence
What we can offer you
By joining Peel Ports, you will be part of an ambitious organisation who has invested over £1billion into key projects to future proof our business, creating 1000s of jobs for local communities along the way. These investments mean we are decarbonizing our operations, which in turn is helping us work towards our goal of having Net Zero Port Operations by 2040. It’s not only our infrastructure we are investing in, we are big believers in investing in our people. We are constantly looking for opportunities to help our people grow and develop by offering training, development and apprenticeship opportunities in a range of areas including; Operations, Marine, Engineering, HR, IT, Accountancy, plus many more!