Already one of the UK’s leading port and logistics companies, we have ambitious plans to grow and transform the supply chain to benefit our customers. With multiple settings across the UK and a huge choice of career paths, our business offers exciting opportunities to expand and develop your career. Much of our success depends on our unrivalled facilities and technology. But in our sector, it comes down to having the right talent to enable our organisation to grow. So, if you want to join a thriving and ambitious place to work, where you will be able to broaden your knowledge and progress in your career, a future with Peel Ports could be for you.
The Marketing Manager role, within the Marketing Department, will support the delivery of the Group Marketing strategy and play a central part in developing and executing marketing campaigns and communications. Reporting to the Group head of Marketing, the role is designed to deliver multi-faceted PR programmes driving regional and national awareness of the Peel Ports brand, whilst playing a key strategic part in driving the internal communications programme. Key to both remits is reputation and engagement.
Responsibilities will also include:
– Build effective marketing plans and programmes with specific objectives to position the brand, out services and products, aligned to strategic business objectives
– Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
– Working in partnership with the creative team, develop briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital and video assets
– Manage local and national PR programmes and communications, working alongside the Group Head of Marketing and external agencies to identify opportunities and protect brand reputation
– Build on the Internal Communications strategy and lead the development and execution of this important engagement platform
– Support in the development of Group propositions and differentiated offers to help drive business opportunities and lead generation
– Manage internal and external events in collaboration with other business functions and agencies
– Monitor and report on activities, making considered recommendations on new ideas where appropriate
Skills and Experience
– Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Marketing, Public Relations, Marketing Communications or related field
– Proven experience in a B2B Marketing role
– Exposure of working with a high profile, corporate brand
– Experience in Marketing, PR and Communications planning
– Ability to clearly present ideas and concepts for campaigns and projects
– Strong communication skills to interpret and negotiate briefs, and communicate with internal and external team members
– Able to work independently and use creative thinking to solve problems
What we can offer you
By joining Peel Ports, you will be part of an ambitious organisation who has invested over £1billion into key projects to future proof our business, creating 1000s of jobs for local communities along the way. These investments mean we are decarbonizing our operations, which in turn is helping us work towards our goal of having Net Zero Port Operations by 2040. It’s not only our infrastructure we are investing in, we are big believers in investing in our people. We are constantly looking for opportunities to help our people grow and develop by offering training, development and apprenticeship opportunities in a range of areas including; Operations, Marine, Engineering, HR, IT, Accountancy, plus many more!