Already one of the UK’s leading port and logistics companies, we have ambitious plans to grow and transform the supply chain to benefit our customers. With multiple settings across the UK and a huge choice of career paths, our business offers exciting opportunities to expand and develop your career. Much of our success depends on our unrivalled facilities and technology. But in our sector, it comes down to having the right talent to enable our organisation to grow. So, if you want to join a thriving and ambitious place to work, where you will be able to broaden your knowledge and progress in your career, a future with Peel Ports could be for you.
The Project Manager role, within the Capital Projects Department, will develop, manage and deliver a series of multi-discipline construction and engineering projects across Liverpool, Manchester Ship Canal and Heysham Port.
Responsibilities will also include:
– Safe delivery of projects, achieving quality, time and cost requirements, to statutory legislation and company standards
– Perform all project management duties, ensuring briefs are agreed, contracts in place and works managed to budget and in line with agreed Health, Safety and Quality standards
– Drive excellent performance in Safety, Health, Environment and Quality to ensure the highest standards are put at the forefront of all projects
– Manage the lifecycle of a project through feasibility, approval, design, construction, completion commissioning, handover and post project review
– Construct and lead the core project team to ensure effective engagement of all stakeholders in the development and delivery of a project
– Ensure robust financial management and commercial awareness forms the foundation of all business decisions
– Use appropriate project monitoring & reporting systems to provide a professional, consistent and effective project management service to both internal and external customers
– Identify and manage risks within the project lifecycle, including preparation and upkeep of risk registers and contingency logs
Skills and Experience
– Relevant qualification in Construction, Engineering or Project Management related discipline, or previous demonstrable Project Management experience
– Proven track record of managing construction projects in an engineering or related environment
– Experience of commercial construction contracts, ideally NEC
– Confident and self-motivation to manage a large and varied portfolio of projects
– Experience in the selection and appointment of both consultants and contractors
– Ideally a member of a professional body within Project Management, Engineering or Quantity Surveying
What we can offer you
By joining Peel Ports, you will be part of an ambitious organisation who has invested over £1billion into key projects to future proof our business, creating 1000s of jobs for local communities along the way. These investments mean we are decarbonizing our operations, which in turn is helping us work towards our goal of having Net Zero Port Operations by 2040. It’s not only our infrastructure we are investing in, we are big believers in investing in our people. We are constantly looking for opportunities to help our people grow and develop by offering training, development and apprenticeship opportunities in a range of areas including; Operations, Marine, Engineering, HR, IT, Accountancy, plus many more!