Service Desk Analyst
Already one of the UK’s leading port and logistics companies, we have ambitious plans to grow and transform the supply chain to benefit our customers. With multiple settings across the UK and a huge choice of career paths, our business offers exciting opportunities to expand and develop your career. Much of our success depends on our unrivalled facilities and technology. But in our sector, it comes down to having the right talent to enable our organisation to grow. So, if you want to join a thriving and ambitious place to work, where you will be able to broaden your knowledge and progress in your career, a future with Peel Ports could be for you!
The Service Desk Analyst role, within the Group IT Department, will provide first line support to the Peel Ports Group users, using the required standards, methods and tools as directed. Working as part of a team to convey and disseminate technical information to the department and wider business.
Responsibilities will also include:
– Management of calls, recognising when an issue is not readily resolvable and taking the appropriate steps to escalate the problem, allowing for a resolution to be found
– Investigate and provide solutions for issues raised from calls to the service desk from either internal or external sources, via telephone or email
– Use the formal call logging system and be responsible for the quality of the information recorded
– Use initiative to ensure all questions surrounding an issue have been covered, making informed decisions on resulting tasks
– Produce clear specifications relating to user problems that ensure timely and efficient solutions
– Carry out testing and investigation, reporting on errors found in order for further escalation to occur
Skills and Experience
– 5 A*-C GCSEs or equivalent, including Mathematics and English
– Previous experience working with a first line response role would be beneficial, ideally gained within a fast moving IT department
– Experience of working with remote teams across multiple business units is advantageous
– Demonstrate an excellent customer service focus when dealing with incidents and requests
– Understanding of ITIL principles is advantageous
– Knowledge of MS Windows, MS Windows Server, MS Office365, MS Active Directory, Azure, InTune, MS Hyper-V and Citrix would be beneficial
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships
What we can offer you
By joining Peel Ports, you will be part of an ambitious organisation who has invested over £1billion into key projects to future proof our business, creating 1000s of jobs for local communities along the way. These investments mean we are decarbonizing our operations, which in turn is helping us work towards our goal of having Net Zero Port Operations by 2040. Its not only our infrastructure we are investing in, we are big believers in investing in our people. We are constantly looking for opportunities to help our people grow and develop by offering training, development and apprenticeship opportunities in a range of areas including; Operations, Marine, Engineering, HR, IT, Accountancy, plus many more!