Head of Delivery
We are looking for a Head of Delivery to join our team. But this isn’t any normal job… at Reason Digital you regularly work on a range of exciting and life-changing digital projects.
We solve problems that actually matter
Reason Digital is a unique and special place to be. As our Head of Delivery, you’d be working every day with charities and other pro-social organisations to change the world for the better with tech.
Joining our team means working on a diverse range of inspiring and life-changing digital projects. Rather than spending our time selling more stuff on the internet, we build digital tools, like this:
A chatbot to provide support to young people at risk of being groomed or exploited
An app that helps parents and carers of children with serious illnesses, to better manage their complex medicinal routines
- Web-based peer to peer platform, which helps those in need to apply for the benefits they need and deserve
The work we do makes getting out of bed a whole lot easier. So, how do you fancy joining our team of digital heroes today?
A remote-first workplace
There’s no doubt about it – It’s a strange time to be hiring. Like many others, our team has worked remotely for six months now, and we’re proud to say that we’re still delivering beautiful and impactful work that changes lives.
As a result we’re opening up to a new way of working. Reason Digital is now a remote-first organisation. This means:
- We still have a lovely office space in the Northern Quarter of Manchester, and when it is safe to return, we’ll offer this as a collaboration space or a base to work from depending on your needs.
- We are flexible with how people choose to work; full-time remote working, or part-time remote working.
The role: Head of Delivery
Salary: £46,000 – £50,000
We’re looking for a person who believes that digital should be used to solve problems that actually matter.
Someone who understands that as a social enterprise, our work is the reason we exist, and can take responsibility for improving the quality, value and client experience of our projects. A leader who can build a team around them and challenge them to do better work than they’ve done before. Someone who has experience in managing at a programme level, and a genuine commitment towards our cause and our work.
The ideal candidate will relish the nature of agency work and solving a huge range of problems for a diverse set of clients. They’ll have an amazing ability to understand problems, bring teams together and work to produce the most value possible. They’ll be a leader and a listener and build trust based on their actions as well as their words.
- Managing our programme of work
- Management of our Project Management Team (in terms of people, quality and targets)
- Continuous development of our tools, process and culture; bringing new skills and perspectives into Reason
- Owning our delivery process, and developing this in collaboration with our leadership team
- Leading on our external relationships in pitches and key discussions
- Delivers a great client experience
- Works Ethically
- Takes Ownership
- Builds relationships
- Communicates brilliantly
- Builds a great team
- Shows Leadership in all interactions
- Able to both meet existing commitments and work towards continuous improvement
- Has self awareness & empathy
- Strong Decision-making & Problem solving
Direct Experience of:
- Pre-project planning and estimation
- Proposal & pitch
- Creation of Sales & Marketing materials
Project / Programme
- Digital Project Management
- Programme Management
- Both Agile / Waterfall delivery methodologies
- Working within an agency or;
- Working in a comparable environment – multiple constrained projects / multiple unconnected stakeholders
Leadership & Management
- Leading teams or departments towards a vision
- People management (listening, directing, developing, coaching)
- Direct accountability to senior figures on client side
- Working with clients of varying digital maturity, technical knowledge and organisational seniority
Tech for Good
- Direct experience of working in the non-profit or social good sector is not essential, but some experience of designing for social change is essential
Once things return to normal (whenever that may be!) our bright and airy offices are right in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter within easy walking distance of all major train, tram and bus stations and, though we are a remote-first organisation, this space can be used for collaboration or as a base to work from if WFH full-time just isn’t for you. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and give you the choice to work on either a Mac or a PC.
There are other great benefits you will have access to too such as:
A choice to opt in to the 9-day fortnight scheme: This means you compress your working fortnight into 9 days instead of 10, giving you every other Friday off. That’s an extra 26 days off per year!
Flexible working hours
Enhanced maternity and parental leave package
28 days holiday and the ability to purchase up to 5 more days through a salary sacrifice scheme
Paid sick, emergency and compassionate leave
Cycle to work scheme and other salary sacrifice schemes providing tax efficient ways to pay for parking, gym memberships and more…
Paid volunteering leave
Eye care vouchers
Access to training, materials and the ability to attend conferences and networking events where relevant
A staff perks package offering money off high street and online shopping, technology, motoring, travel, food, experiences and popular attractions