Mid-Senior Project Manager (Remote)
We solve problems that actually matter
Reason Digital is a unique and special place to be. As our head of design, you’d be working every day with charities and other pro-social organisations to change the world for the better through design.
Joining our team means working on a diverse range of inspiring and life-changing digital projects. Rather than spending our time selling more stuff on the internet, we build digital tools, like this:
- A chatbot to provide support to young people at risk of being groomed or exploited
- An app that helps parents and carers of children with serious illnesses, to better manage their complex medicinal routines
- Web-based peer to peer platform, which helps those in need to apply for the benefits they require and deserve
The work we do makes getting out of bed a whole lot easier. Join our team of digital heroes today.
We are now a remote-first workplace
There’s no doubt about it – It’s a strange time to be hiring. Like many others, our team has worked remotely for six months now, and we’re proud to say that we’re still delivering beautiful and impactful work that changes lives.
As a result we’re opening up to a new way of working. Reason Digital is now a remote-first organisation. This means:
- We still have a lovely office space in the Northern Quarter of Manchester, and when it is safe to return, we’ll offer this as a collaboration space or a base to work from depending on your needs.
- We are flexible with how people choose to work; full-time remote working, or part-time remote working.
The role: Head of design
We’re looking for a person who believes that digital should be used to solve problems that actually matter.
Someone that can articulate how design can be used to help people, not just serve customers. A leader who can build a team around them and challenge them to do better work than they’ve done before. Someone who has experience in practicing design for social change, and a genuine commitment towards our cause and our work.
The ideal candidate will relish the nature of agency work and solving a huge range of problems for a diverse set of clients. They’ll have an amazing ability to understand problems in order to solve them. They’ll be an inspiring speaker; a great listener and build trust based on their actions as well as their words.
- Direct design and facilitation work on our projects and products
- Management of the Design Team (in terms of people, quality and targets)
- Continuous development of our tools, process and culture; bringing new skills and perspectives into Reason
- Facilitation of internal & external workshops and Sprints
- Leading on our external relationships in terms of design – being an ambassador for Reason and a thought leader
Above all, we are looking for a leader; but here are some of the areas that we feel are particularly important to the role. You don’t need to have experience of all of these, but they should help give you a picture of the work we do.
- Project planning and estimation for proposals and pitches
- Creation of Sales & Marketing materials
- Design Thinking
- Ethical Design
- Web / App design / UI / UX
- Product Design
- Data driven Design
- Service Design
- Working in an agency (or comparable) environment: multiple constrained projects/multiple unconnected stakeholders
Leadership & Management
- Leading teams towards a vision
- People management (listening, directing, developing, coaching)
- Being directly accountable to senior clients
- Working with clients of varying digital maturity, technical knowledge and organisational seniority
Tech for Good
- Working in the non-profit or social good sector is not essential, but we need to see experience of designing for for social change
Delivers a great Client Experience
- Invests in building client relationships; Discovers, understands and delivers best outcomes through inclusive dialogue
Creative and Strategic Excellence
- Understand context which frames design problems; especially key strategic goals and constraints
- Thoughtfully applies a design thinking process to problem solving
- Reads the room – listens to people and adjusts communication style to suit; capable of inspiring and building narrative
- Holds difficult conversations in an open and positive way
Builds a great Team
- Challenges team through setting and demonstrating shared standards; encourages autonomy by delegating fairly, clearly and effectively
- Sets clear targets and expectations; coaches, directs and enables performance as appropriate
- Creates a safe environment that encourages open communication, learning and progression; counsels team members through challenges and sensitive concerns
Shows leadership in all interactions
- Takes ultimate ownership of all team outcomes; demonstrates honesty, integrity and commitment
Works towards continuous improvement
- Researches, experiments, and adopts new techniques without compromising the team or client experience
Has self-awareness & empathy
- Has strong convictions loosely held; confident in abilities but always open to learning
- High level of emotional intelligence; able to gives, receive and act on radically candid feedback
Apply Now Back to listings