PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Platform Software Design Division in London consists of software engineering teams and a test team working on Audio, Graphics, VR and Game Technologies.
We develop innovative technologies that push the boundaries of play, helping game developers make the best games on PlayStation by creating a world class SDK.
As part of the Platform Software Design Division, the SDK Game Technologies team helps developers to use PlayStation platforms in ways that are optimal for their games. We develop tools, libraries, and game-representative environments to analyse platform features and demonstrate advanced, innovative techniques and technologies.
As part of the SDK Game Technologies team, you will contribute to delivering state of the art technologies for the global PlayStation developer community. You will play an important role in developing high-quality, innovative solutions for PlayStation platforms
What you’ll be doing:
- Use your graphics skills to make an impact on the future of games
- Research pioneering graphics and game technologies for PS5 and beyond
- Deliver your work to developers and stakeholders both internally and as part of the SDK
- Contribute to decisions about the technologies we develop and deliver
What we’re looking for:
- Strong C++ and graphics programming skills, with experience of low-level graphics APIs on PC/console (e.g. DirectX12, Vulkan or platform SDKs for current-generation consoles)
- An understanding of computer hardware architecture
- An understanding of shader programming on modern GPUs
- Forward thinking, and keen to be at the forefront of consoles
- Strong technical background in maths or computer science, educated to at least degree level or with equivalent experience
- Ability to work constructively as part of a larger team
- Ability to work proactively on your own
- Experience of low-level coding, performance analysis and optimization
- Experience working in a game development environment
- Experience of game engine systems (e.g. memory management, task management, streaming)
Benefits of working on the Platform Software Team
- Technology development is not constrained by specific games/engines. There is time and space to research and develop innovative technologies
- Opportunities to work on collaborative projects with R&D teams in Tokyo and in San Mateo, with the wider Sony group, and with academia
- Opportunities to attend relevant conferences (e.g. SIGGRAPH)
- Innovation time for research and projects of your own choosing
- Opportunities to participate in global hackathons
- Relaxed working environment with high level of trust and autonomy. All staff are encouraged to express their views and challenge the status quo
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.