Network Operations Engineer (12m FTC)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As a primary member of the IT Operations Centre team you will be responsible for operating and contributing to the enhancement of advanced corporate IP networks in a fast paced, challenging environment. The role will entail operational and project based work across the SIE IT department, as well as global business units in SIE and Sony operating companies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network hardware and software.
- Leverage networking tools to identify and mitigate network anomalies.
- Analyse application data and traffic flow data to identify and improve sub-optimal network behaviours.
- Leverage automation tools and processes to proactively monitor the health of the network and respond to events.
- Participate in developing policies, procedures and technical reports associated with operating and maintaining the global network.
- Guide and assist junior engineers in the implementation of new topologies and services.
- Some travelling will be required.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience supporting enterprise network environments.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addressing/Subnetting, VLANs, etc).
- Intermediate experience supporting common routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF, EIGRP).
- Experience supporting zone based firewalls and configuring security policies.
- Japanese Networking, terminology, build, deploy and support a plus
- Supporting multiple network vendors’ routing and switching platforms
- Juniper QFX, EX, and SRX series platforms.
- Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, and ASA series platforms.
- Pulse Secure remote access VPN
- Palo Alto Networks firewalls, central management through Panorama.
- Network Access Control solutions
- Experience working with global teams
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Subsidised Café
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.Apply Now Back to listings