Principal Software Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Principal Software Engineer
The PlayStation Studios Tools and Technology Group lives at the intersection of PlayStation’s game and platform development. We work on debug analysis tools such as crash reporting, test automation and video streaming technology as well as platform tools such as compilers and file IO & compression hardware and software. Some of our tech is widely used by every PlayStation developer worldwide and we work especially closely with game teams inside the PlayStation Studios family.
We seek a Principal Software Engineer to work on improvements to the Crash Reporting System, to perform analysis of the data it collects, and to work on other software and tools used for PlayStation development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research ways to improve usefulness of data collected by crash reporting systems
- Perform analysis of crash reports and telemetry data
- Assist with investigation of system software crashes
- Write, debug, and maintain code and systems used for game development on PlayStation
What we’re looking for:
Required Skills and capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years’ experience with C/C++
- Basic understanding of x64 assembly
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience in game development on PlayStation platforms
- Experience working with version control system platforms such as GitHub
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to collaborate and to develop strong and positive team relationships
- Attention to detail, organisational skills, and a strong work ethic
- Experience with crash reporting systems, especially those used on PlayStation
- Experience in game development on PC
- Experience in game engine development and graphics programming
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.