QA – Senior Functional Tester, PlayStation Studios
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the ever-growing global QA team and be part of the PlayStation Studios family!
As a Senior Tester you will be part of QA at PlayStation Studios working alongside our First and Second-party studio partners to bring high quality products to PlayStation and PC platforms. Senior Testers provide functional and testing process expertise to our test teams and help deliver an outstanding QA service to our studios. You will assist in planning and executing functional test strategies. Utilising your expertise to evolve testing processes and help continue to raise the bar of quality for established fan-favourite IPs, as well as brand new unannounced projects.
You’ll also be working alongside our title Test Leads to get the best out of the testing staff, both locally and globally. Championing our cultural leadership values of; Communicates, Innovates, Collaborates, Includes to build effective and diverse teams. This is your chance to make your mark and be involved in promoting the PlayStation values that have helped release some of the most exciting and innovative games out there!
What you’ll be doing:
- Together with the Test Lead, you will be the primary point of contact for testing activities on your assigned title, communicating clearly to the test team, developers, and production.
- Help plan, implement, and execute functional testing strategy for your assigned title.
- Assist in the creation, maintenance, and communication of functional test plans for your assigned title.
- Aid in coordinating testing of local and global test teams: both internally, and with external vendors.
- Develop your own knowledge of QA services and techniques and help drive process improvement and future QA service offerings.
- Collaborate with your peer group and wider department teams to promote knowledge sharing and the cultivation of innovation within QA at PlayStation Studios.
- Support and maintain defect tracking systems on assigned titles.
- Lead by example when it comes to bug reporting and issue investigation to help get the best out of our testing staff.
What we are looking for:
- Passion for videogames!
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in QA Operations.
- Excellent knowledge of testing processes.
- Ability to proactively identify risk and share information with the team and title stakeholders
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking systems.
Nice to have:
- Experience with cross cultural business and remote team interaction.
- Knowledge of Development QA process.
- Excellent PlayStation platform knowledge.
- PC Games testing experience, supporting, and releasing titles across a range of platforms like Steam, Epic, Origin, GOG, etc.
- General understanding of PC/Mobile device compatibility testing.
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Free eye test and glasses voucher
- Subsidised Café
- Access to cycle storage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.Apply Now Back to listings