Category Marketing Lead
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK’s largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now…
The category marketing team is responsible for defining marketing strategies and propositions to maximise the potential to attract and engage target customers, through the power of the categories we offer and the brands we partner with. Our goal is to enhance how we connect with our customers and fuel category performance, delivering the quality of thinking and pace of progress behind our mission to become a top choice lifestyle retailer!
Reporting Into the Senior Category Marketing Manager, you will work with a team of marketing managers to shape our category marketing strategies and work In partnership with marketing, trading, category, our internal creative agency and external partner agencies to deliver category propositions and campaigns.
- Shape and deliver category marketing plans and initiatives as defined by the category marketing strategy.
- Establishing top-tier brand marketing plans, aligned to broader category plans and reflective of share ambitions for the brand at Very.
- Lead in the execution of new strategies and campaigns, bringing together colleagues across channel marketing, trade and 3Fold to craft integrated and creative campaign solutions.
- Work with Marketing and Category colleagues to deliver category priorities including contributing to quarterly review and new brand engagement.
- Experience in combining insights and creative thinking to build compelling and commercially successful propositions and strategic campaigns.
- Experience in building collaborative relationships, with proven ability to establish credibility with internal and external audiences.
- Experience working with external and internal creative and media agency.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, encouraging collaborative working and galvanizing colleagues to deliver ambitious category marketing plans.
- Creative problem solver and self-starter who becomes comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and embraces the opportunity to pioneer new ways of working both internally and with brands.
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply Now Back to listings