Graduate 2020 Technology Operations Centre Analyst
We’re building a Tech Ops Centre (TOC) and totally rewriting how we manage service, and give more focus to tech and systems used by colleagues.
This TOC includes new capabilities, new tooling and a new physical space. We’re building an in-house team to manage service and stability 24 x 7, which will give better visibility of cyber attacks and service incidents across the entire tech estate. By spotting issues earlier and resolving them faster, we’ll deliver better experiences for our customers and colleagues.
This role is required to work shifts at our Liverpool, Speke HQ, and this will include nighttime working to support the 24/7 monitoring and support of The Very Group.
Here you will be responsible for the monitoring of the tech estate, and where required escalation of related incidents passed from the TOC tooling, playing a key part in incident detection and resolution.
You’ll have involvement in vulnerability assessments and monitoring of systems, networks, databases and Web hosted services for issues, such as stability and system breaches as well as act as a first line triage for the Technology Operations Centre. We provide 24/7 first line telephone, e-mail and ticket routing services for service, stability and security event notifications and incident response processes, and deliver first level investigation and remediation activities.
The successful candidate will be expected to seek opportunities to expand and evolve the TOC, become more self-sufficient, taking on more first line support and fixes.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Actively monitor The Very Groups tech platforms, ensuring stability and security are forefront.
- Maintenance and improvements of the Security Operations Centre to identify potential service issues and breaches for further investigation.
- Respond to incidents and alerts raised from The Very Group tooling.
- Monitor for security attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorized or illegal activity
- Maintain and develop playbooks in line with working processes, periodical reviews as required.
- Actively encourage and partake in the onboarding of services to further secure The Very Group tech estate.
- Generate reports from second and third line functions
- Provide first line advice and guidance to staff and where required escalate to other teams.
- Ownership of incidents and alerts raised from The Very Group tooling.
- A keen interest in Tech and a broad understanding of the Tech Service Management & Information Security.
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security
- verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals
- Written communication skills, for example to write technical reports.
- time-management and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical skills and an ability to analyze complex technical information in order to identify patterns and trends
- An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with service outages and security threats and at times of high demand.
- Knowledge of latest and legacy tech platforms.
Desired but not essential:
- Previous experience working in a SOC, NOC or other operations centre
- Experience of working in a 24/7 team
- Service Management and Info Security experience.
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about Tech Ops looking for their next career move. If you’re interested to find out more please contact Lyndsay Geraghty in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply Now Back to listings