Junior Platform Engineer
About the team
Working in the Digital Customer Experience tribe you will be part of the Infrastructure and Global Services squad. Our vision is to provide world-class digital ecommerce platform support to product teams developing new features and services for The Very Group and our customers across multiple channels: web, mobile and native apps.
As a digital platform squad, we want to create a foundation of self-service APIs, tools, platforms, services, knowledge & support which are arranged as a compelling internal product so our product teams can make use of the platform to deliver product features at a higher pace, with reduced co-ordination.
About the role
The role of the Junior Platform Engineer is to support the team delivering highly available, scalable and performant enterprise solutions on IAAS/PAAS/SAAS platforms.
As part of this role, you will receive support and coaching from our other Platform Engineers within the team as well as training and certification plans that will allow you to progress your career as a platform engineer.
During this role you will grow, develop & work on the following:
- Support our migration to a new state of the art digital commerce platform using microservices and serverless technologies.
- Work with our teams in transforming our business by delivering solutions and methodologies following best practice.
- Support the maintenance and operation of our legacy Ecommerce platform
- A basic understanding of cloud services
- Experience with Scripting/Programming Languages
- Strong communication skills: with the ability to convey concepts clearly and concisely
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Apply Now Back to listings