Senior Data Analyst
The Customer Analytics Team is here to forensically understanding our customer base and ensure we are making the right data-led decisions to grow our business. Key focus areas include customer segmentation and targeted marketing, customer experience, on-site conversion optimisation and predictive customer behaviour modelling.
We exist to give the customer a data driven voice throughout the organisation and unlock the value held within our comprehensive data assets. The team sits within our “Customer Centre of Excellence” alongside Primary Research and Market Insight teams to provide a fully holistic view of the customer.
About the role
As a Senior Analyst in the team, you’ll be at the heart of our goal to expand the impact of data and insight within The Very Group.
As part of this role you will:
- Collaborate with product and commercial teams to identify important questions and how best to resolve and answer them with data
- Capture, manipulate and analyse large data sets from multiple sources
- Develop advanced analytical solutions to help solve business problems
- Help shape various aspects of our business strategy based on insights gleaned from data analysis
- Critically, your role will be to go beyond providing answers with analysis, but to begin to influence stakeholders in the business on not only what questions they should be answering but how best to use the insight you generate to use action. You’ll be a partner in thinking through problems with the business rather than purely a data and analysis provider
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to help identify and deliver ways to improve our product page and checkout experience for customers. Using analysis to identify the most likely areas of value, and to track the results of changes we make
- Working with Operations teams to help us determine ways to improve our order experience for customers, and how to implement them
- Obtaining insight from NPS scores and customer feedback, to aggregate and give visibility to problems customers have, and ultimately inspire changes to improve on this
- Reviewing our web analytics data to detect changes to conversion on our applications and ideas on how to influence them
- Help identify and model customer value, and how we should segment our customer base as a whole
- In data democratisation: Identify what data could be valuable to spread throughout the organisation, and help develop and build automated tools to access them
Our analytics team has a broad remit with different sub-teams focussed on different areas of the business. The focus of this role can be flexible based on your abilities and experience.
Along with a logical mindset and common-sense approach, it’s really important you have strong SQL or SAS experience as a baseline technical skill, and we can build on that by teaching you our toolkits and the outstanding pieces of kit we use across these teams.
- You’ll have had experience of breaking down problems from a bigger picture into smaller more defined elements and you’ll be confident presenting this to colleagues at all levels, tailoring your output to the audience.
- You’ll be comfortable working in a pacey and sometimes ambiguous environment, things change all the time here (being a 24/7 retailer you’re kept on your toes), but you’ll enjoy the surprises and challenges that comes with that!
- Your own career development will also be important to you as it’s hugely important to us.
You’ll be surrounded by a strong team all working collaboratively to fulfil the ambitions of the business. We really do live and breathe our values, encouraging open and honest communication and you’ll welcome continual feedback.
We are looking for someone who ideally:
- Is intellectually curious, and has a strong desire to learn and discover
- Has a highly analytical thinking style, and an ability to identify trends and patterns where others may not
- Has a high level of proficiency in at least one scientific programming language, and is open to learning others
- Is practical, and has the judgement to determine when to pursue further analysis versus when to make use of results
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Apply Now Back to listings