Senior Marketing Lead
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK’s largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on…
About the Team.
In the brand planning and strategy team, you’ll be at the heart of decision making within the marketing group, supporting both the team and the wider business, plan, develop and activate all our marketing activity. A true voice of the customer, you’ll put them at the heart of everything we do, championing their wants and needs, and ensuring our planning is truly customer-first!
Shaping and defining the Marketing activity plans for Very is a big job. If you love exciting challenges and want to roll up your sleeves and help make Very the most talked about brand in the UK, then this is the job for you!
The role requires a highly organised individual, with strong stakeholder management skills. You’ll know how to strategically plan to deliver long-term brand growth and short-term trading results, in a fast-paced environment, all at the same time.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Annual Plan – deliver an annual plan and calendar, which is built on customer and market insight, that delivers on both our brand and business ambitions.
- Quarterly Plan – utilising the annual plan, evolve this further, down to a quarterly level, identifying any new opportunities or risks, incorporating these and amending the plan as necessary.
- Process – responsible for building and evolving a process, which delivers annual and quarterly customer-led planning, including timelines.
- Stakeholder management – continually develop a strong stakeholder set, up to a senior level, and across the business, that enables an efficient and aligned planning process
- Leadership – as a member of the Brand Leadership team, role models the behaviours and supports in the development of wider Brand team.
- At least 8 years’ experience in strategic planning, with a focus on brand growth
- Outstanding stakeholder management, with proven ability to lead and influence internal and external audiences.
- Highly organised and detail orientated
- Analytical approach, with the ability to interpret data/insight/trends into action
- An understanding of media and the role of channels is advantageous, but not essential
- Retail experience is advantageous, but not essential
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Apply Now Back to listings