User Interaction Designer
User Interaction Designer
Shop Direct is the proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods and some amazingly talented people.
“It’s a brand-new chapter for us and we’re on a mission to be the number one destination for shoppers who value credit”.
They’re the kind of people who don’t settle for the ordinary. They’ve achieved incredible things over the last 90 years, evolving how their 4 million customers shop and pay for the big brands they love on their websites Very.co.uk and Littlewoods, and they’re not slowing down… They’re obsessed with providing seamless shopping experiences and innovative ways to spread the cost with credit, it’s what makes them the UK’s biggest fin-tech retailer, and a very unique place to work.
DESIGN AT SHOP DIRECT
With a big ambition and millions of their loyal customers using the experiences they create every day, design plays a huge part in what they do at Shop Direct, (and rightly so!). They’re looking for a talented Senior UI designer who’s passionate about pushing the boundaries, creating great customer-centric designs and experiences based on deep customer insight and disrupting the way they do things today. You will be creating pixel perfect designs with strong visual design principles and user-centric knowledge working with agile cross-functional teams. You will also be responsible for improving their UI Pattern Library and Design Language, facilitating its implementation, and raising the standard of visual design.
You’ll be joining a collaborative team of designers and researchers from a range of different backgrounds who use their deep understanding of their customers to create elegant and intuitive user interfaces that seamlessly combine the two things their customers value the most (the brands they love with flexible ways to pay). You can say hello and meet the team here: https://twitter.com/ShopDirectUX.
AS A UI DESIGNER YOU’LL:
- Create simple, intuitive, consistent and distinctive experiences for their customers across all brands and devices Exceptional UI design skills and attention to details with solid background
- You have a passion for interface design and enjoy the challenge that new devices bring
- Experience working with visual design standards and delivering Design Libraries and component design
- Good understanding of multi-device design principals behind brand-driven design and development ready style guides
- Create pixel-perfect visual designs for digital brand experience, design system library and hand-off to development teams as well as create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and animations
- Use and develop design guidelines, best practices and standards to create updates that are on brand and on trend Work with product managers, engineers, and researchers to drive their products through from discovery to delivery (ideation to validation) ensuring the highest quality of delivery into their development teams, and ultimately, to the customer
- Have a strong collaboration with UX Designers & Researchers to both fuel and evaluate your designs, playing back your findings to stakeholders and team members as you go
- Ensure all UI projects for your area are documented and shared constantly
- Ground everything you do in a deep understanding of user needs, motivations, behaviours and performance measures as well as the needs of the business
- Turn data insights into tangible design concepts using front-end knowledge
- Stay connected to new technologies, design trends and emerging UI patterns and drive transformation in both the retail and financial services space.
THEY’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have 5+ years of proven UI design multi-device experience designing cross-platform, mobile and web, B2C and B2B, productivity and collaboration applications with millions of users
- You have a BA/BS degree in Design, or related field (or equivalent practical experience)
- You have demonstrable experience with end-to-end product design, including visual design, animations, high fidelity interactive prototyping, planning workshops and working intimately with developers & QA to bring products to life
- You have expert knowledge of UI design and the UX principles when designing for multi-devices (using Sketch/Adobe XD, photoshop, illustrator, Invision, Zeplin, animation tools, principles, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite or similar)
- You excel in communication and storytelling, allowing you to strongly articulate opportunities and solutions. When you present your designs people are inspired and want to take action
- You have a passion for solving real customer problems using visual language and an obsession to delight users through the visual experiences you create
- You have user research skills (preferred but not must have)
WHATS GOOD ABOUT LIFE AT SHOP DIRECT?
- Their onsite UX Lab and Customer Closeness Centre (they physically and mentally put the customer at the heart of their HQ!)
- A customisable benefits package (inc life assurance, private medical and childcare vouchers)
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Onsite gym (inc changing facility) with over 25 classes available each week
- A strong health and wellbeing agenda (they know you work best when you’re feeling your best!)
- A private pension matched at 6%
- Annual bonus potential *Measured on performance and business metrics
- Multiple on-site discounted restaurants and coffee houses
- A cycle to work scheme
Please note that the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct are managing this vacancy directly and will not be accepting CVs sent by any recruitment agencies.
Please be advised, if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.Apply Now Back to listings